Whether you are a tenant or a landlord, you need to be familiar with the landlord-tenant laws in the state of Utah. Landlord-tenant laws are, as their name implies, the laws that govern the rights of both members of a rental agreement. Some of the things landlord-tenant law covers include:
- Renter’s rights, such as whether you can have pets or roommates.
- Eviction procedures and policies.
- How guests are handled.
- Harassment by the landlord.
- The right to “repair and deduct” if a landlord doesn’t properly take care of the premise.
- How and when a tenant can access the rented property.
- When the security deposit needs to be returned.
Sometimes, you may need assistance with these issues, whether you are a landlord or a tenant. When that happens, it may not be enough to just be familiar with landlord-tenant laws. It can be beneficial to work with a lawyer like Attorney Veronica McDougal to help guide you. Veronica will start by listening to the complaint. Then, she can form a plan and advise you on the best approach for your situation. With her help, you can receive the support you need to successfully handle the problem. Her services are available in the following areas:
- Sandy, UT
- West Valley City, UT
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Bountiful, UT
- Farmington, UT
- Centerville, UT
- Park City, UT
- Tooele, UT
- Provo, UT
- Orem, UT
Our Customers' Testimonials
client She is very professional, she follow step by step my case, she cares about my situation and defend me, I... read more
Leave us a message